John Kennedy's Blog
John Kennedy Announces Jefferson Parish Endorsements
Baton Rouge, LA --Today, Treasurer John Kennedy announced the support of several Jefferson Parish elected officials in his bid for U.S. Senate. Led by former Louisiana House Speaker Jim Tucker, the list of Jefferson Parish officials endorsing Kennedy includes leaders in business, law, and education.
"John Kennedy believes that our country's best days are coming, and I agree," said former Speaker Tucker. "His common sense approach to the problems we face will get Congress back on the right track. I'm optimistic about a future in which John is our next U.S. Senator."
“I know firsthand that the taxpayers of Jefferson Parish take fiscal responsibility seriously,” said Kennedy. “They’re tired of Congress being a rubber stamp for waste. I stood by the people of Jefferson Parish to defeat the Crescent City Connection tolls, and I’ll continue to be an advocate for hard-working taxpayers in Washington.”
Elected officials from Jefferson Parish joining Tucker in endorsing Kennedy include:
- State Representative Patrick Connick
- State Representative Kirk Talbot
- BESE Member James Garvey
- Jefferson Parish School Board Member Sandy Denapolis-Bosarge
- Republican State Central Committee Member Ray Griffin, Jr.
- Republican State Central Committee Member Tripp Rabalais
- Republican Parish Executive Committee Member Michael O’Brien
- Republican Parish Executive Committee Member Aulton “Tank” Quave
- Republican Parish Executive Committee Member Wallace Lucas
- Republican National Committee Delegate Lynn Skidmore
Kennedy continues to lead in all independent polling in the 2016 U.S. Senate race.