John Kennedy's Blog
Covington, LA—Today, John Kennedy stood with St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister to announce the endorsements of 32 St. Tammany elected officials in support of his campaign for the U.S. Senate.
The extensive list includes mayors, legislators, parish council members, city council members, school board members, and the former chair of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
“We need someone in Washington, D.C. who isn’t afraid to take on the big fights,” said Brister. “We’ve worked together for years fighting to protect the interests of taxpayers, and I’m excited to know our next U.S. Senator will be from right here in St. Tammany. He is the obvious choice for our parish and me.”
Brister is the President of St. Tammany Parish, a former Ambassador under President George W. Bush, and the first woman to serve as chairman of the Louisiana Republican Party.
“I’m honored to have Pat’s support because she puts her constituents first by working to promote economic growth and grow business and industry in St. Tammany Parish,” said Kennedy. “The St. Tammany elected officials standing with us today understand the importance of fighting to bring fiscal sanity to the U.S. Senate. I’m proud to call St. Tammany home and will work to make the people of Louisiana proud.”
Elected officials endorsing Kennedy today included:
- Parish President Pat Brister
- State Senator Jack Donahue
- Former chair of the U.S. Chamber Maura Donahue
- Former Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs Lane Carson
- State Representative Reid Falconer
- State Representative Paul Hollis
- State Representative J. Kevin Pearson
- State Representative John Schroder
- Former State Representative Tim Burns
- Abita Springs Mayor Greg Lemons
- Covington Mayor Mike Cooper
- Folsom Mayor Bettye Boggs
- Mandeville Mayor Donald Villere
- Parish Council Member S. Michele Blanchard
- Parish Council Member Marty Dean
- Parish Council Member Jacob Groby, III
- Parish Council Member Mike Lorino
- Parish Council Member Steve Stefancik
- Parish Council Member Richard Tanner
- Covington City Council Member Larry Rolling
- Madisonville City Council Member Brad Haddox
- Mandeville City Council Member David Ellis
- Abita Springs Alderman Ryan Murphy
- Pearl River Alderman David McGregor
- School Board Member Ron Bettencourtt
- School Board Member Sharon Drucker
- School Board Member Beth Heintz
- School Board Member Rickey Hursey, Jr.
- School Board Member Robert Womack
- Republican Executive Committee Member James Hartman
- Republican State Central Committee Member Eric Camp
- Republican State Central Committee Member Jacki Schneider
In addition to announcing the endorsements, today was also the grand opening of the Kennedy campaign Northshore headquarters. It will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. People are welcome to stop by 321 N. Vermont Street in Covington to pick up yard signs and other campaign materials.
These elected officials are the latest in a long list of Louisiana leaders joining the campaign including former Governors Mike Foster and Buddy Roemer. Kennedy also continues to lead in all polling of the race.
Release: Terrebonne Parish President Michel Claudet and State Representative Dee Richard Endorse John Kennedy for U.S. Senate
Baton Rouge, LA--John Kennedy today received endorsements from former Terrebonne Parish President Michel Claudet and State Representative Dee Richard in his bid for the U.S. Senate.
"John Kennedy is the clear choice for the United States Senate," said Claudet. "John is someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what's right, say what needs to be said, and do what needs to be done. He's the type of leader we need representing hardworking Louisiana families in Congress."
“People in the bayou like John because he isn’t scared to fight for Louisiana taxpayers,” said Richard. “I’m proud to join John’s team because we need more independent thinkers in Congress who tell it like it is.”
Michel H. Claudet served as Parish President for Terrebonne Parish from 2008 to 2016. Jerome "Dee" Richard, is one of two Independent members of the Louisiana House of Representatives, serving since 2008.
“I’m thrilled to have the endorsement of Parish President Claudet and Representative Richard,” said Kennedy. "Michel's leadership following Hurricane Katrina was remarkable. Dee is an independent thinker who makes decisions based on the needs of his constituency. Both Michel and Dee understand like I do the value of a dollar, and the serious issues we're facing as a state and nation. Our best days are yet to come, but only if we change the path we are on. I'm ready to go to Washington and do just that.”
Baton Rouge, LA--Former Louisiana Governor Mike Foster today endorsed John Kennedy in his bid for the U.S. Senate. Governor Foster joins Governor Buddy Roemer as the second former Governor to endorse Kennedy in as many weeks.
"I've known John Kennedy for more than 20 years, and he worked in my administration as Secretary of the Department of Revenue for a good portion of it," said Governor Foster. "During that time, we worked together to ensure the fiscal strength of Louisiana. We left the state a lot of money in rainy day funds and we cut the debt significantly. I'm proud to endorse John in his campaign for the U.S. Senate. I know he will continue to be a voice for fiscal sanity in Washington, D.C., which our country desperately needs. He's got my vote."
Governor Foster served as the 53rd governor of Louisiana from January 1996 until January 2004.
"It was an honor to work with Governor Foster over the years to protect the interests of Louisiana taxpayers, and I’m proud to have his endorsement," said Kennedy. "As we campaign throughout the state, we can feel the momentum growing. Louisiana voters are tired of the tax and spend Congress, and they want to bring some Louisiana common sense to Washington, D.C. I'm ready to do just that."
Kennedy continues to enjoy a sizable lead in the race for U.S. Senate, dominating the last five polls.